All Rise Fitness members (“Members”), guests, and those periodically visiting (together “you”) Rise Fitness clubs in operation in the UK (the “Club”) must comply with these Rules. These Rules are incorporated into a Member’s Contract with us, and compliance with these Rules is important both to maintain the standards at the Club and to enable Members to get full enjoyment from their Membership.
Any person who does not comply with these Rules may be ejected from, or denied access to the Club, or may have their Membership terminated by Rise Fitness if the non-compliance is serious.
We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to these Rules, or our individual Club operational rules, at any time. If we do this, we will give Members reasonable advance notice by placing the new Rules on a notice board.
In these Rules, “Grand Fitness”, “us”, “we” or “our” means Rise Fitness. Words and phrases in these Rules have the same meanings as given in our Membership Terms & Conditions, unless specified otherwise.
- Acceptance of an application for Membership at this Club is at our absolute discretion (although we will exercise our discretion reasonably, and in compliance with applicable laws).
- Membership entitles Members to use the facilities available from time to time at their Home Club. We offer different types of Memberships and facilities at our Club, and the types of memberships and facilities offered by us may change from time to time.
- You should contact your Club if you would like further details of different types of Rise Fitness Memberships that are available. Each category of Membership has different restrictions, conditions, and benefits. Another category of Membership or Club may be of interest to you if your requirements or circumstances change.
- For membership cancellations please email your club directly.
- We require a minimum of 48 hours to process any cancellation requests.
- All monthly membership payments are set up on a recurring basis.
- Memberships are non refundable.
- 12 Month Commitment memberships require a minimum of 12 monthly payments to be made. Payments will continue after 12 months until the membership is cancelled.
- A Membership Card will be issued to each Member when they join the Club unless your club uses QR codes for access.
- There is no fee for replacement of lost, stolen, or damaged cards.
- Each Member must have his/her card swiped for security and verification on each visit to a Club before proceeding into the Club. Any Member attending a Club without a valid Membership Card may be asked for proof of identification.
- A Member must not lend his Membership Card to anyone else as membership is personal and covers only the Member’s use of the Club.
- On termination of membership, for any reason, the Member is required to surrender his Membership Card to Rise Fitness at the Club.
- Where Rise Fitness terminates a Member’s membership, this will make the Member ineligible for membership at this club.
GUESTS AND VISITORS
- Members (over the age of 18) may bring guests to the Club upon payment of: (a) the guest fee, as set out in the Club price list current at the time of the guest’s visit charged by the Club; and (b) completion of a Pre-Activity Questionnaire by the guest.
- Members must accompany their guest at all times, and the Member who brings the guest remains responsible for their guest’s conduct whilst they are in the Club. The Member may not leave the Club prior to their guest’s departure.
- Certain former Members, persons who have applied for Memberships but have been rejected, and former Members of staff, may be ineligible to be a Member, or guest, of the Club. If in doubt, the Member should check with the Club’s management for advice.
- A Member who has “frozen” his/her Membership will not be allowed access to the Club (including as a guest).
- Members must ensure their guests pay the appropriate guest fee, or surrender a valid guest pass (if applicable) before accompanying them into the Club.
- Members must ensure that their guests comply with these Rules.
- A person may be allowed to enter as a visitor to the Club by prior arrangement or appointment, subject to Rise Fitness absolute discretion – and may be required to pay the guest fee (as set out in the Club price list, current at the time of visit). At all times, visitors must complete a Pre-Activity Questionnaire.
- Opening times for a Club will be prominently displayed at the Club.
- You may not bring pets (other than guide dogs) onto the Club premises.
- You must not take any photography or movie shots in the Club (including by use of a camera on a mobile phone or PDA).
- We reserve the right to use any individual or group photographs or movie shots of you for press or promotional purposes.
- You must not consume any food or drink in the Club that you have brought in from outside the Club.
- We reserve the right to show potential Members and other individuals the facilities of the Club on a trial basis.
USE OF FACILITIES
- You must complete a Pre-Activity Questionnaire before using any fitness facilities.
- You should seek instruction before using unfamiliar equipment.
- Appropriate clean exercise clothing and shoes must be worn whilst exercising.
- Gym equipment must not be used for longer than 15 minutes during busy periods. 28. You are asked to wipe down gymnasium equipment after use.
- You are asked to arrive at the gymnasium five (5) minutes prior to any personal training or induction appointments. We reserve the right to refuse to re-book an appointment for you if you repeatedly cancel (with less than 24 hours notice) or fail to keep an appointment for services and/or exercise programmes.
- You may not use the gymnasium while under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, tranquilizers or any medication or other substance which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
BEHAVIOUR & DRESS
- You should conduct yourself in a quiet and well-mannered fashion when in our Club, and in a manner that will not disturb or impair the use and enjoyment of the Club by any other person. In particular, you may not use foul, loud, or abusive language, nor will you behave in a threatening manner. nor will you molest, or harass, other Members, guests, visitors, or Members of staff. You may not bring, use, or be under the influence of illegal drugs in any part of the Club. You may not bring any intoxicating
liquor into a Club or be drunk in the Club.
- We may terminate your Rise Fitness Membership (if applicable) and may refuse you entry into the Club, or eject you from the Club, if you commit a serious or repeated breach of these Rules, your Membership contract (if applicable), or if you engage in any other serious misconduct.
- Members of the Club, their guests, visitors, and members of staff should at all times display mutual respect for each other.
- Complaints should be communicated privately to a member of the Club’s management, or in writing through the suggestion/comments boxes provided in the club’s, or by post to the Club’s General Manager.
- Smoking is prohibited in any area of the club including the use of e-cigarettes or similar devices.
- You must be dressed in suitable attire at all times when on Club premises, and appropriate exercise clothing is required whilst exercising in the Club. Guidance as to suitable attire may be obtained from the Club General Manager who may, at his/her discretion, require you to leave the Club premises or part of the Club premises, if your attire is not considered suitable.
- Only one individual is permitted in a shower cubicle at any one time.
- Members are respectfully requested to store coats and rucksacks in the lockers provided.
- Lockers are made available subject to availability. Rise Fitness does not undertake that use of a locker will guarantee that no theft of or damage to your property will occur. We will not accept any liability in relation to locker thefts unless they result from our negligence. You should check that your household contents or other insurance policy protects you against any risk of theft.
- Lockers may only be used for the purposes of keeping gym kit, toiletries, and the clothing that you were wearing when you came to the Club. The keeping of any other items in the Club’s lockers is prohibited. If Rise Fitness has reasonable grounds to suspect that a locker is being used in breach of this Rule, Rise Fitness reserves the right to open the locker in question (by force if necessary) and remove any offending items.
- Your belongings, so removed, will be available for collection from the Club’s Reception for a period of thirty (30) days, upon payment of the prevailing holding charge. If you do not collect your belongings within thirty (30) days, your belongings may be donated to charity.
- Our car park may only be used by Members, guests, and visitors while they are on Club premises. You may not leave your car in our car parks at any other time (for example, you may not leave it there following a Club visit while you go shopping elsewhere).
- No unauthorised parking is permitted on Club premises. Where car parking spaces are designated for use by Members, cars must be parked properly in such spaces or they will be clamped and a fee may be charged (where applicable) for removal of the clamp.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- You must use the main entrance to the Club when entering or leaving that Club.
- Fire exits, which are clearly marked, are there in the interests of safety and you must not interfere with fire doors for any reason.
- You must read the health & safety notices posted outside any equipment or facility rooms in the Club and comply with their recommendations. 54. You must comply with any reasonable requests made by the members of staff in relation to matters of health and safety.
- You must follow any guidelines laid down by Rise Fitness in relation to Covid-19.